How do you store my payment information?
SecureTheFile stores no payments information. All payment information is held by GoCardless, our payment provider partner. GoCardless takes the following steps with regard to ensuring data remains safe at all times:
- GoCardless’ access to the Direct Debit system is provided by some of Europe's major banks, who have approved their systems
- All their customer data is treated in accordance with European data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- All their client-server communication is 256-bit SSL encrypted
- GoCardless is ISO27001-certified and they regularly perform internal and external security audits on all their systems and processes
- They will never share any data they collect from you with third parties for their own unrelated purposes, except as specifically needed to process your payments.
GoCardless is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide payment services as an Authorised Payment Institution. They serve more businesses than any other Direct Debit provider.
All money collected is held in a secure client monies account with either the Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays Bank or SEB before being paid out to SecureTheFile.
You can find the GoCardless privacy notice here.